While the performances from the current players may have been the talk of the 2014 NBA All-Star Game, perhaps its best moment came when generations of greats came together, and joined in singing happy birthday to one of the most legendary athletes in all of sports in Bill Russell.
It was one of the most touching and feel good moments in All-Star Game history, as players from basically every generation of NBA stars went up and shook hands with the 11 time NBA champ and steward of the game.
Kevin Garnett and Bill Russell
Rajon Rondo: Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett return ‘just another game’
Esqueçam as declarações polêmicas. Doc Rivers voltou a Boston e foi muito bem recebido.
E dizem que isso foi só um esquenta pro dia 26 de janeiro, quando KG e, principalmente, Paul Pierce enfrentam o Celtics no TD Garden.
A few things:
- The way he cheeses when one of the hosts mentions the Celtics’ beatdown of the Knicks (around 0:45) is life-giving. My PG likes winning. A LOT.
- Rondo getting tired of people asking him when he’ll be back. He will come back when he’s good and damn ready.
- Unlike AI, he wants more practice time. He talkin’ ‘bout practice y’all. (Sorry, I couldn’t resist.)
- YAAAS for all these digs at the media! Glad he’s talking about the fact that he’s always in trade rumors. #EffTheMedia
- LOL at these folks asking a Celtic to help fix the Knicks. They don’t know much about sports rivalries, do they?
- Still the advice was solid. “Playing for each other” means no iso-ball. IDK if Melo and J.R. can do that.
- I did a church wave when dude in the corner said “I don’t know why you would trade a great player.” Preach.
YOU GUYS HAVE TO SEE THIS GAME WINNER VS THE HEAT
RARE FOOTAGE: Rajon Rondo dancing (at Brandon Bass’s wedding).
The game is over already. You have already lost.
Paul Pierce - The Truth Career Tribute
In Game 4 of the 2003 Eastern Conference quarterfinals against the Pacers, Pierce scored 32 of his 37 points in the second half in addition to totaling 10 rebounds and seven assists in a 102-92 Celtics win. He set the C’s playoff record for points in a half, including a trey in trash-talking Al Harrington‘s face to end the third quarter.